Double Enveloping Worm Reduction Gearbox Appilcation For Construction Machinery
Series C double enveloping worm gear
Model: 100 – 500
Ratio: 10 -63
Output Torque : 683 – 51180 N.m
Rating Power : 47/25HP(1.41Kw) – 597HP(448Kw)
1, High torque double enveloping worm gear adjust toughest working condition .
2,Universal design double enveloping worm gearbox.
3, Smooth and noiseless operation double worm gearbox.
4, Higher driving efficiency than traditional worm gear.
5, Increasing loading capacity .
6, Strict quality test before shipping
7, Customized design for various application
8, Long life service period
9,suitable price with moderated
10, moderate price & high quality
Double enveloping worm gear reducer :
|Model||ShaftDia. (mm)||Center Height (CUW)||(CUW) Output shaft Dia.||Power||Ratio||Permitted Torque||Weight|
|(CUW) input Solid(h6)||(mm)||(mm)||(kw)||(Nm)||(KGS)|
|100||28||190||48||1.41~11.5||10 .25~ 62||683-1094||42|
|125||32||225||55||2.42~19.7||10 .25 ~ 62||1170~2221||65|
|140||38||255||65||3.94~25.9||10 .25 ~ 62||1555 ~ 3473||85|
|160||42||290||70||4.39~35.7||10 .25 ~ 62||2143 ~4212||120|
|180||48||320||80||5.83~47.5||10 .25 ~ 62||2812 ~ 5387||170|
|200||55||350||90||7.52 ~61.2||10 .25 ~ 62||3624 ~6859||220|
|225||60||390||100||9.9~81.4||10 .25 ~ 62||4872 ~ 9224||290|
|250||65||430||110||12.9 ~105||10 .25~ 62||6284~11892||380|
|280||70||480||120||16.9 ~ 138||10 .25 ~ 62||8347 ~ 15820||520|
|315||75||530||140||22.5 ~183||10 .25 ~ 62||11068~ 19450||700|
|355||80||595||150||30~245||10 .25 ~ 62||14818 ~28014||1030|
|400||90||660||170||32.1 ~261||10 .25 ~ 62||15786~29918||1400|
|450||100||740||190||42.6 ~347||10 .25 ~ 62||2571~39881||1980|
|500||110||815||210||54.9 ~ 448||10 .25 ~ 62||27097~51180||2700|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Shape:||Bevel Gear|
Maintenance Tips for Prolonging the Life of a Worm Gearbox
Proper maintenance is essential to ensure the longevity and reliable performance of a worm gearbox. Here are some maintenance tips to consider:
- Lubrication: Regularly check and replenish the lubricant in the gearbox. Use the recommended lubricant type and quantity specified by the manufacturer.
- Lubrication Schedule: Follow a lubrication schedule based on the operating conditions and manufacturer recommendations. Regular lubrication prevents friction, reduces wear, and dissipates heat.
- Temperature Monitoring: Keep an eye on the operating temperature of the gearbox. Excessive heat can degrade the lubricant and damage components.
- Cleanliness: Keep the gearbox and surrounding area clean from debris and contaminants. Regularly inspect and clean the gearbox exterior.
- Seal Inspection: Check for any leaks or damage to seals and gaskets. Replace them promptly to prevent lubricant leaks and contamination.
- Alignment: Ensure proper alignment between the worm and worm wheel. Misalignment can lead to increased wear and reduced efficiency.
- Torque Monitoring: Monitor the torque levels during operation. Excessive torque can cause overloading and premature wear.
- Regular Inspections: Periodically inspect all components for signs of wear, damage, or unusual noise. Replace worn or damaged parts promptly.
- Proper Usage: Operate the gearbox within its specified limits, including load, speed, and temperature. Avoid overloading or sudden changes in operating conditions.
- Expert Maintenance: If major maintenance or repairs are needed, consult the manufacturer’s guidelines or seek the assistance of qualified technicians.
By following these maintenance tips and adhering to the manufacturer’s recommendations, you can extend the lifespan of your worm gearbox and ensure its optimal performance over time.
How to Calculate the Efficiency of a Worm Gearbox
Calculating the efficiency of a worm gearbox involves determining the ratio of output power to input power. Efficiency is a measure of how well the gearbox converts input power into useful output power without losses. Here’s how to calculate it:
- Step 1: Measure Input Power: Measure the input power (Pin) using a power meter or other suitable measuring equipment.
- Step 2: Measure Output Power: Measure the output power (Pout) that the gearbox is delivering to the load.
- Step 3: Calculate Efficiency: Calculate the efficiency (η) using the formula: Efficiency (η) = (Output Power / Input Power) * 100%
For example, if the input power is 1000 watts and the output power is 850 watts, the efficiency would be (850 / 1000) * 100% = 85%.
It’s important to note that efficiencies can vary based on factors such as gear design, lubrication, wear, and load conditions. The calculated efficiency provides insight into how effectively the gearbox is converting power, but it’s always a good practice to refer to manufacturer specifications for gearbox efficiency ratings.
What is a Worm Gearbox and How Does It Work?
A worm gearbox, also known as a worm gear reducer, is a mechanical device used to transmit rotational motion and torque between non-parallel shafts. It consists of a worm screw and a worm wheel, both of which have helical teeth. The worm screw resembles a threaded cylinder, while the worm wheel is a gear with teeth that mesh with the worm screw.
The working principle of a worm gearbox involves the interaction between the worm screw and the worm wheel. When the worm screw is rotated, its helical teeth engage with the teeth of the worm wheel. As the worm screw rotates, it translates the rotational motion into a perpendicular motion, causing the worm wheel to rotate. This perpendicular motion allows the worm gearbox to achieve a high gear reduction ratio, making it suitable for applications that require significant speed reduction.
One of the key features of a worm gearbox is its ability to provide a high gear reduction ratio in a compact design. However, due to the sliding nature of the meshing teeth, worm gearboxes may exhibit higher friction and lower efficiency compared to other types of gearboxes. Therefore, they are often used in applications where efficiency is not the primary concern but where high torque and speed reduction are essential, such as conveyor systems, elevators, automotive steering systems, and certain industrial machinery.
editor by CX 2023-09-07