NMRV REDUCTION WORM GEARBOX
The NMRV 050 motor gearbox consists of a single-stage NRV 050 worm gearbox coupled to an IEC asynchronous motor. Maximum drive power – 1.5 kW. The torque on the output shaft is 17-89 N * m. The gear motor is available in 2 mounting versions (legs / flange).
Case – aluminum, flanges – aluminum, worm – steel, worm wheel CZPT – bronze.
Type of lubricant: synthetic ISO VG 320.
Weight: 3.5 kg.
Type designation scheme
NMRV – 050 – 30 – 93.3 – 0.75 – B1
- NMRV – worm gear motor
- 050 – size (center distance, mm)
- 30 – gear ratio
- 93.3 – output shaft rotation speed, rpm
- 0.75 – electric motor power, kW
- B1 – mounting position
NMRV 050 gearbox performance
|i||n 1 = 2800 rpm||n 1 = 1400 rpm||n 1 = 900, rpm|
|n 2 ,
|T 2M ,
N * m
|n 2 ,
|T 2M ,
N * m
|n 2 ,
|T 2M ,
N * m
- n1 – rotational speed el. engine;
- n2 – revolutions on the output shaft;
- T 2M – torque on the output shaft;
- P is the maximum allowable engine power;
- RD – efficiency
|1.Good quality,long life time,low noise.|
|3.High efficiency,big torque.|
Overall and mounting dimensions NMRV 050
NMRV050 gear motor has a wide range of gear ratios.
Gear ratios: 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100 .
Output flange to NMRV 050 gearbox
Geared NMRV050 can be supplied with unilateral or bilateral output shaft.
The gearbox comes standard with a hollow output shaft
A torque arm is an additional option to the gearbox.
|Core parts||worm wheel,worm shaft|
|Core parts material||worm shaft:20 Cr Mn Ti,worm wheel:Nodular cast iron interal,9-4 copper external|
|Lubrication||RV30-90:synthetic oil, RV110-150:GN460-W mineral oil|
|Application:||Motor, Motorcycle, Machinery, Agricultural Machinery, Industry|
|Gear Shape:||Worm Gear|
|Type:||Worm and Wormwheel|
Can a Worm Gearbox Be Used in Heavy-Duty Machinery?
Yes, a worm gearbox can be used in heavy-duty machinery and is often chosen for such applications due to its inherent characteristics and advantages:
- High Torque Transmission: Worm gearboxes are known for their ability to transmit high torque loads, making them suitable for heavy-duty machinery that requires significant power transmission.
- Load Distribution: The design of worm gears provides robust load distribution and excellent contact between the worm and worm wheel teeth. This enhances their load-carrying capacity, making them capable of handling heavy loads without premature wear or failure.
- Compact Design: Worm gearboxes are compact and offer high reduction ratios in a single stage. This allows for the reduction of high input speeds to lower output speeds, often required in heavy-duty machinery.
- Overload Protection: Worm gears have a natural self-locking feature, which means the gear cannot be easily back-driven by external forces. This feature provides inherent overload protection, preventing damage to the gearbox and machinery in cases of sudden load spikes.
- Smooth Operation: Worm gearboxes offer smooth and steady operation, which is crucial for heavy-duty machinery where precision and controlled movement are essential.
However, when considering the use of a worm gearbox in heavy-duty applications, it’s important to ensure proper engineering and sizing. The design should account for factors such as load, speed, duty cycle, lubrication, and temperature to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
Overall, worm gearboxes are well-suited for heavy-duty machinery across various industries, including mining, construction, manufacturing, and more.
Does a Worm Reducer Require Frequent Maintenance?
Worm reducers generally require less frequent maintenance compared to some other types of gearboxes due to their design and operating characteristics. However, maintenance is still essential to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Here are some key points to consider:
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for worm gearboxes. Regularly check the lubricant level and quality to prevent wear and overheating. Lubricant should be changed as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Inspections: Periodically inspect the gearbox for signs of wear, damage, or oil leaks. Check for any unusual noises, vibrations, or changes in performance that could indicate a problem.
- Tightening and Alignment: Check and tighten any loose fasteners and ensure that the gearbox is properly aligned. Misalignment can lead to increased wear and reduced efficiency.
- Seal Maintenance: Inspect and maintain seals to prevent oil leakage and contaminants from entering the gearbox.
- Cleaning: Keep the gearbox clean from debris and contaminants that could affect its performance. Regular cleaning can prevent premature wear and damage.
- Load and Speed: Ensure that the gearbox is operating within its rated load and speed limits. Exceeding these limits can lead to accelerated wear and potential failure.
- Environmental Conditions: Consider the operating environment of the gearbox. Extreme temperatures, humidity, and other factors can impact the gearbox’s performance and longevity.
While worm gearboxes are known for their durability and self-locking feature, neglecting maintenance can lead to premature wear, reduced efficiency, and potential breakdowns. Following the manufacturer’s recommendations for maintenance intervals and procedures is essential to keep the worm reducer in optimal condition.
What Industries Commonly Use Worm Reducers?
Worm reducers are versatile mechanical components that find applications in various industries due to their unique advantages and capabilities. Some of the industries that commonly use worm reducers include:
- Material Handling: Worm reducers are widely used in material handling equipment such as conveyors, bucket elevators, and cranes to control movement and manage heavy loads.
- Automotive: They are utilized in automotive manufacturing processes, assembly lines, and vehicle positioning systems.
- Food and Beverage: Worm reducers are used in food processing and packaging machinery where hygiene and cleanliness are crucial.
- Agriculture: Agricultural equipment like irrigation systems and tractors use worm reducers for controlling rotational motion.
- Mining and Construction: Heavy-duty applications in mining equipment, excavators, and construction machinery benefit from the torque multiplication provided by worm reducers.
- Energy: Wind turbines and solar tracking systems use worm reducers to convert low-speed, high-torque motion into rotational energy.
- Textile: Textile machinery employs worm reducers for controlling speed and tension in weaving and spinning operations.
- Packaging: Packaging equipment relies on worm reducers for precise movement and positioning of packaging materials.
- Medical: Medical devices and equipment often utilize worm reducers for their accuracy and controlled motion.
- Printing: Printing machines use worm reducers to regulate paper feed and ensure consistent printing quality.
Worm reducers’ ability to provide high torque output, compact design, and self-locking characteristics makes them suitable for applications requiring reliable and controlled motion across various industries.
editor by CX 2023-09-11