1:50 Ratio Right Angle 90 Degree Helical Worm Reduction Gearbox
1. Housing: Cast Iron
2. Gears: Worm Gears, 1 stage
3. Input Configurations:
Solid Input Shaft
Motor Flange – IEC B5
4. Output Configurations:
Solid Output Shaft
Hollow Output Shaft
1. Different variants, both input and output shafts can be mounted horizontally or vertically
2. Compact structure
3. Direct drive or indirect drive available
4. Output could be CHINAMFG shaft or hollow hole
Models & Variants:
WPA Series – Lower Input Shaft
WPS Series – Upper Input Shaft
WPDA Series – Lower Input Flange
WPDS Series – Upper Input Flange.
WPO Series – Vertical Upward Output Shaft
WPX Series – Vertical Downward Output Shaft
WPDO Series – Vertical Upward Output Shaft, Input Flange
WPDX Series – Vertical Downward Output Shaft, Input Flange
|10/1, 15/1, 20/1, 25/1, 30/1, 40/1, 50/1, 60/1
Our company :
1.More than 35 years experience in R&D and manufacturing, export gear motors & industrial gearboxes.
2. Standardization of the gearbox series
3. Strong design capability for large power & customized gearboxes.
4.High quality gearboxes and proven solutions provider.
5.Strict quality control process, stable quality.
6 Less than 2% of the quality complaints.
7.Modular design, short delivery time.
8.Quick response & professional services.
|1. Select equipment model.
|2.Design and manufacture products according to clients’ special requirement.
|3.Train technical personal for clients
|Services during selling
|1.Pre-check and accept products ahead of delivery.
|2. Help clients to draft solving plans.
|1.Assist clients to prepare for the first construction scheme.
|2. Train the first-line operators.
|3.Take initiative to eliminate the trouble rapidly.
|4. Provide technical exchanging.
1.Q:What kinds of gearbox can you produce for us?
A:Main products of our company: UDL series speed variator,RV series worm gear reducer, ATA series shaft mounted gearbox, X,B series gear reducer,
P series planetary gearbox and R, S, K, and F series helical-tooth reducer, more
than 1 hundred models and thousands of specifications
2.Q:Can you make as per custom drawing?
A: Yes, we offer customized service for customers.
3.Q:What is your terms of payment ?
A: 30% Advance payment by T/T after signing the contract.70% before delivery
4.Q:What is your MOQ?
A: 1 Set
If you have any demand for our products please feel free to contact me.
|Machinery, Agricultural Machinery
|Speed Changing, Speed Reduction
|Hardened Tooth Surface
Self-Locking Properties in a Worm Gearbox
Yes, worm gearboxes exhibit self-locking properties, which can be advantageous in certain applications. Self-locking refers to the ability of a mechanism to prevent the transmission of motion from the output shaft back to the input shaft when the system is at rest. Worm gearboxes inherently possess self-locking properties due to the unique design of the worm gear and worm wheel.
The self-locking behavior arises from the angle of the helix on the worm shaft. In a properly designed worm gearbox, the helix angle of the worm is such that it creates a mechanical advantage that resists reverse motion. When the gearbox is not actively driven, the friction between the worm threads and the worm wheel teeth creates a locking effect.
This self-locking feature makes worm gearboxes particularly useful in applications where holding a load in position without external power is necessary. For instance, they are commonly used in situations where there’s a need to prevent a mechanism from backdriving, such as in conveyor systems, hoists, and jacks.
However, it’s important to note that while self-locking properties can be beneficial, they also introduce some challenges. The high friction between the worm gear and worm wheel during self-locking can lead to higher wear and heat generation. Additionally, the self-locking effect can reduce the efficiency of the gearbox when it’s actively transmitting motion.
When considering the use of a worm gearbox for a specific application, it’s crucial to carefully analyze the balance between self-locking capabilities and other performance factors to ensure optimal operation.
Materials Used for Worm Gears
Worm gears are manufactured using a variety of materials to meet different application requirements. Some commonly used materials for worm gears include:
- Steel: Steel is a popular choice for worm gears due to its strength, durability, and wear resistance. It can handle heavy loads and is often used in industrial applications.
- Bronze: Bronze offers good lubricity and is commonly used for the worm gear (worm) component. It provides effective wear resistance and works well in applications where quiet operation is essential.
- Cast Iron: Cast iron is known for its high strength and durability. It’s often used for worm gears in applications where shock loads or heavy-duty conditions are expected.
- Aluminum: Aluminum worm gears are lightweight and corrosion-resistant, making them suitable for applications where weight reduction is important.
- Plastic: Some worm gears are made from plastic materials such as nylon or acetal. These materials are often chosen for their self-lubricating properties and quiet operation.
- Composite Materials: Composite materials can offer a combination of properties, such as lightweight construction and corrosion resistance. They can be suitable for specific applications.
The choice of material depends on factors such as the application’s load, speed, operating environment, and required performance characteristics. It’s important to consider these factors when selecting the appropriate material for worm gears to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
What Industries Commonly Use Worm Reducers?
Worm reducers are versatile mechanical components that find applications in various industries due to their unique advantages and capabilities. Some of the industries that commonly use worm reducers include:
- Material Handling: Worm reducers are widely used in material handling equipment such as conveyors, bucket elevators, and cranes to control movement and manage heavy loads.
- Automotive: They are utilized in automotive manufacturing processes, assembly lines, and vehicle positioning systems.
- Food and Beverage: Worm reducers are used in food processing and packaging machinery where hygiene and cleanliness are crucial.
- Agriculture: Agricultural equipment like irrigation systems and tractors use worm reducers for controlling rotational motion.
- Mining and Construction: Heavy-duty applications in mining equipment, excavators, and construction machinery benefit from the torque multiplication provided by worm reducers.
- Energy: Wind turbines and solar tracking systems use worm reducers to convert low-speed, high-torque motion into rotational energy.
- Textile: Textile machinery employs worm reducers for controlling speed and tension in weaving and spinning operations.
- Packaging: Packaging equipment relies on worm reducers for precise movement and positioning of packaging materials.
- Medical: Medical devices and equipment often utilize worm reducers for their accuracy and controlled motion.
- Printing: Printing machines use worm reducers to regulate paper feed and ensure consistent printing quality.
Worm reducers’ ability to provide high torque output, compact design, and self-locking characteristics makes them suitable for applications requiring reliable and controlled motion across various industries.
editor by CX 2023-09-28